RE: Compact Policy XSL

From: Carter St.Clair <carter@codeinfusion.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:38:53 -0600
To: <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>

A few list members have shown interest in the XSL file.  I'm discussing with
my business partner whether to release it into the public domain.  It is
currently in use with our P3P generator, P3PEdit, but the main concern is
providing an easier method for code hackers to copy our product (we've had
issues with this in the past).  Yet, this isn't a proprietary technology, or
brain-science either.

Anyway, we are very interested in providing this to the P3P community. I'm
thinking of initially providing a script that allows you to point to the URL
of a P3P policy and have it transform it to the policy tokens to see how
much traffic it generates.  Is there any value to releasing the actual XSL
file to anyone on the list?  If so, how do you see it as beneficial?

Thanks for your input,

Carter St.Clair
Software / Database Engineer
code//infusion