Re: User side policy & handling of credentials

Web sites can advertise their certifications using a disputes
element. You can create an APPEL file that looks for sites with
particular certifications.

Payment info is not party of the P3P base data schema. The idea all
along was that anyone could create a data schema to meet their needs.
We were hoping the credit card industry would create one with the
fields that make sense for credit card info, but that never happened.
In the mean time, most sites are expressing their policies in terms
of categories of information rather than explicit data fields.

Lorrie

--
Lorrie Faith Cranor <http://lorrie.cranor.org/>
* Associate Research Professor, Computer Science and Engineering &