Re: Questions to ask customers when creating P3P

Privacy Bird and Privacy Finder (http://search.privacybird.com/) both
use a series of twelve questions to create a custom APPEL file for the
user.  Maybe this would be a good starting point.  The questions are:

Warn me at web sites that use my health or medical information :
1) For analysis, marketing, or to make decisions that may affect what
content or ads I see, etc.
2) To share with other companies (other than those helping the web site
provide services to me)

Warn me at web sites that use my financial information or information
about my purchases :
3) For analysis, marketing, or to make decisions that may affect what
content or ads I see, etc.
4) To share with other companies (other than those helping the web site
provide services to me)

Warn me at web sites that may contact me to interest me in other
services or products :
5) Via telephone
6) Via other means (email, postal mail, etc.)
7) And do not allow me to remove myself from marketing/mailing lists

Warn me at web sites that use information that personally identifies me :
8) To determine my habits, interests, or other characteristics
9) To share with other companies (other than those helping the website
provide services to me)

10) Warn me at web sites that do not allow me to find out what data they
have about me.

Warn me at web sites that use my non-personally identified information :
11) To determine my habits, interests, or other characteristics
12) To share with other companies (other than those helping the website
provide services to me)

serge

--
/*
Serge Egelman

PhD Candidate
Vice President for External Affairs, Graduate Student Assembly
Carnegie Mellon University

Legislative Concerns Chair
National Association of Graduate-Professional Students (NAGPS)
*/