Re: Major problem with P3P

The default caching time of P3P is 24 hours. You can even set it higher.
If someone altered the security settings in IE to see wether it runs
even in high-mode or something, the cookie gets blocked and IE remembers
that decision for at least 24 hours.

Look into the IE documentation to see how to switch off or use the TST
(Test) token before going live.

Also note, that you have to have a full policy. Compact format alone is
not sufficient and "make IE happy" headers are legally dangerous.

Best,
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/ERCIM
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead