Re: Single compact policy and diverse cookie usages - are we exposed?

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:18:31 +0200
To: www-p3p-policy@w3.org

I would note that the principle of finality and other OECD principles
would be better respected with a more fine-grained approach. Lorrie
described the risks of this approach. The benefit is a much more exact
statement. Especially in Europe it wouldn't be the best idea to declare
a very intrusive policy only because you want to avoid errors but you
overdeclare massively.

So imagine a car-seller gives you the terms and conditions for cars,
trucks, busses, construction machines and would say: Hey, look into it
yourself; some of that stuff might apply. You would run away from that
dealer isn't it? For privacy this is not very different.