p3p policy and compact policy differences

From: Graeme Eastman <graeme@eastman.com.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:01:55 +0800
To: <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>

Am I correct in assuming that a compact policy is only required for
cookies, but a p3p policy applies to all information collected, such as
through forms?

So if a site collects information through both forms and cookies, then we
could create a p3p policy xml file with a number statements covering all
information. But the compact policy would just detail aspects that relate
to the cookies.

I got the impression that some vendor solutions seemed to create a compact
policy from all the statements in a p3p policy, but that could be incorrect
if a site collected some information through forms (as most do).

Cheers,

Graeme Eastman
Eastman Internet
Email: graeme@eastman.com.au  http://www.eastman.com.au