Non linked 3rd party cookie acceptance

From: Tim Money <Tim.Money@staff.virgin.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:02:00 -0500 (EST)
To: "'www-p3p-policy@w3.org'" <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>
Hi,

I would just like a confirmation on the best way to imlpement accepteable
3rd party cookie accepteable compact poilcies.  I used the IBM policy editor
to create a policy and compact policies and everything worked fine, but I
didnt details non cookie data collection in the main policy.  Now that I
have done this and generated the files, the extra entries in the compact
policy cause the cookie to be blocked.

We dont use cookies in any conjunction with our database or other data
collection methods, and only use cookies for tracking user experience etc,
so to solve the blocking issue do I

a)    Use the shorter full policy and compact policy, which doesnt detail
our collection of data with our database.  (but doesnt this deviate from the
purpose of the main policy of declaration of use to the user)

b)    Use the detailed full policy and the shorter compact policy, which
doesnt have any information about the non cookie related data collection
(does this cause any issues with using a privacy policy which only half
relates to the compact policy)

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Tim