From: Marshall Dudley [mailto:mdudley@execonn.com]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 12:25 PM
To: www-p3p-policy@w3.org
Subject: P3P with Netscape

I have started getting complaints that our web sites don't work with IE
6.  Upon investigate I found that for IE 6 to allow our cookies for
tracking customer's purchases so we can complete an order, we have to
put P3P on.  We installed a P3P editor, and installed the files it
produced in the correct locations.  IE seems happy now.  However
Netscape no longer works AT ALL!!!!

When we try to browse to the site Netscape now displays the html code
for the site in text, instead of html.  The problem is the additional
header:

print 'P3P: CP="IDC DSP CURa ADMa DEVa OUR DELa STP IND PHY ONL UNI PUR
COM NAV\n';

That must be sent as part of the header.  IE is happy with it, but
Netscape will not accept or ignore it, it switchs to text mode..

Is there any way to make our site work with both Netscape and IE, or
will we have to tell our customers that either IE or Netscape is no
longer supported for our 500 stores?

Thanks,

Marshall