RE: IE6 and finding the policy summary with https

From: Andrew Lazarus <drlaz@AdvisorSoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:59:59 -0800
To: "'Lorrie Cranor'" <lorrie@research.att.com>, www-p3p-policy@w3.org

> Most likely, your policy reference file is not available over https.

IE 5.5 on a different client finds both http://testserver/w3c/p3p.xml and
https://testserver/w3c/p3p.xml. For some reason, IE 6 won't display XML
files like 5.5 (is my 6.0 corrupt?? or a new 'feature'??). I anticipated
that there would be a problem with this on the production servers, which
refuse to serve these pages as http, but the test server is willing.

I can't tell if the P3P header is being served under https; it is under
http. The link method is not in use.

Thanks for any further help....
Andrew Lazarus  DrLaz@advisorsoftware.com