Re: IE6 and finding the policy summary with https

From: Lorrie Cranor <lorrie@research.att.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 21:17:30 -0500
To: "Andrew Lazarus" <drlaz@AdvisorSoftware.com>, <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>
Most likely, your policy reference file is not available over https.
For http://testserver, a P3P user agent will make a GET request
to http://testserver/w3c/p3p.xml to find your policy reference file
and in turn your P3P policy. But for https://testserver, it will
make the request to https://testserver/w3c/p3p.xml . If such a request
does not return your policy reference file (and you are not
useing the header or link method) than IE6 won't display your
privacy report.

Lorrie Cranor