AT&T birdware shows adoption problems...

From: David Wall <dwall@Yozons.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:23:51 -0800
To: <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>
The link to the AT&T Privacy bird plugin for IE sounded interesting, so I
gave it a try.  I don't know what it all really means, but I think it's
ironic that using the default of 'medium' privacy concern that the w3c's web
site, including the P3P main page itself: http://www.w3.org/P3P/ come up
with a RED bird, meaning it's not meeting the privacy preference set.

This seems incredible to me since the P3P page clearly does not ask me for
any information, does not require I be logged in, etc.  It seems that the
tools are not going to be very useful generally if it gives a lot of
problems with sites that are commonly used, and many of the "big sites"
don't even participate.

Pages that also come RED: yahoo.com, microsoft.com, msn.com, dell.com

No P3P (YELLOW): amazon.com, netscape.com, sun.com, google.com, aol.com,
iwon.com, cnn.com, datek.com, etrade.com, wsj.com, whitehouse.gov, wired.com

GREEN: lycos.com, att.com, attbi.com

David
Yozons, Inc.
www.yozons.com