expiry date in policy / section 2.3.2.3.4

From: Sebastian Kamp <kamp@ti.informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:55:51 +0200
To: www-p3p-dev@w3.org
Cc: www-p3p-policy@w3.org
Hello,

The specification says an EXPIRY element can be used in a policy. I don't see
any case in which this EXPIRY element is actually used though.

Section 2.3.2.3.1 states "The lifetime of a PRF tells user agents how long
they can rely on the claims made in the reference file.[...] All of the
policy references made in a single PRF will receive the same lifetime."

This implies that  a policy inherits its expiry date by the PRF (that
references it) anyway. So when is an EXPIRY element in a *policy* actually
read?

Regards
Sebastian Kamp

P.S. I sent the following message to www-p3p-policy on May 21st. Since I
didn't get any answer I would like to post it on this list once again. It is
probably just a typo-matter:

Hello,

I am a little confused by the following sentence in section 2.3.2.3.4:

"1. When a policy reference file contains an EXPIRY element, and it is served
with one of the HTTP headers listed in the previous subsection 2.3.2.3.3.,
the EXPIRY header takes precedence for determining the lifetime of the policy
reference file."

I guess "EXPIRY header" is a typo, but what is actually meant then: does the
Expires header take precedence over the EXPIRY Element or the other way
around?