Re: Inconsistency in the definition of dynamic.clickstream.clientip and its sub-elements -- category transitivity?

From: Nikolaj Budzyn <budzyn@ti.informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:48:04 +0200
To: "Lorrie Cranor" <lorrie@research.att.com>, <www-p3p-dev@w3.org>, <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>
Lorrie Cranor wrote:

> > <DATA-STRUCT name="vehicle.built.where"
> >     structref="http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/base#postal">
> >     <CATEGORIES><preference/></CATEGORIES>
> > </DATA-STRUCT>
> >

> this means that vehicle.built.where.ANYTHING is
> in the preference category
>
> > Now let me apply this to the "dynamic.clickstream"
> > data element from the P3P base data schema.
> > As it's defined like this
>
> Ah, but there is no need to apply that to dynamic.clickstream.
> Dynamic.clickstream is defined directly without inheriting
> other structures that override preferences. The only reason
> preference is applied to vehicle.built.where.foo is because
> the definition of vehicle.built.where specifies that we use
> the postal structure but overide the category.

Seems, I don't get the differenence at the moment.
Comparing

<DATA-STRUCT name="vehicle.built.where"
     structref="http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/base#postal">
     <CATEGORIES><preference/></CATEGORIES>
</DATA-STRUCT>

<DATA-DEF name="dynamic.clickstream"
    structref="#loginfo">
    <CATEGORIES><navigation/><computer/></CATEGORIES>
</DATA-DEF>

, the only difference I see is the use of DATA-STRUCT vs.
DATA-DEF. Do you mean, that using a DATA-STRUCT
tag *overrides* the categories inherited (inherited because
of the structref attribute), whearest using
a DATA-DEF tag does not?

If there is no such difference,
"dynamic.clickstream.ANYTHING" should be in the
<navigation/> and <computer/> categories
(as in the example above).

Best,
Nikolaj