Re: proposed change to COOKIE-INCLUDE

From: Sebastian Kamp <kamp@ti.informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:52:05 +0200
To: <w3c-p3p-specification@w3.org>, <www-p3p-dev@w3.org>, <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>
I see some advantages and some disadvantages with the proposed change.

The matching with xml element-attributes instead of a xml element-value in
PRFs is probably more robust (I guess in both cases wildcards are still
allowed).
For example tokenizing a cookie-namespace-string by white-space (single SP or
LWS?!) delimiters will not be an issue anymore.

On the other hand this would vitiate the possibility to use the same
matching-code for all three kinds of in-/exclude elements (that is
IN-/EXCLUDE, EMBEDDED-IN-/EXCLUDE and COOKIE-IN-/EXCLUDE).

As for cookie-values beeing useful it would be nice to hear a comment from
someone who actually builds policies (with relevant cookie information).

Regards
Sebastian Kamp