Re: IE6, p3p, cookies

From: Curtis Lacy <cel1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:11:04 -0800
To: <www-p3p-dev@w3.org>
Greetings:

I can't get past the IE 6.0 cookie-killer.

I have a complete P3P privacy policy, built with the IBM P3P editor.  The HTML page says that my policy is satisfactory for all settings of IE 6.0.  I put the p3p.xml in the well-known location, /w3c/p3p.xml.  My policy was checked for syntax and/or content by the P3P validator, and it was approved.

But cookies will not set.

I tried putting the compact policy into HTTP headers with the PHP header() function, like so:

header(('CP="NON DSP COR CUR ADMa DEVa OUR IND PHY ONL UNI FIN DEM"');

But cookies will not set.

I have been browsing the net, guessing and trying, for three days now, and have pretty well run out of ideas.  What am I missing.

Thanks much.

Curtis Lacy
cel1@ix.netcom.com