Re: [fwd] Compact Policy (from: Gerald_T_Beattie@comerica.com)

The compact policy format is the same regardless of whether
you are using Unix or Windows. The format
is P3P: CP="FOO" where FOO is your compact policy.
If you use the IBM P3P editor, it will generate a compact
policy for you. Section 4 of the P3P spec explains
how to generate a compact policy.
http://www.davidjonathangrant.info/p3p/index.php
has developed a compact policy translator
that will tell you what compact policies mean.

> From: Gerald_T_Beattie@comerica.com
> To: www-p3p-dev-request@w3.org
> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:37:16 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Compact Policy
> >From rigo  Fri Oct 26 05:13:43 2001
>

> What is the proper format of the Compact Policy in Unix and Microsoft
based
> applications?
>
> Using the validator Microsoft Compact Policy looks like
>
> P3P:CP='ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR
SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI'

> Where the Unix platform I am using looks like
>
> P3P:CP="NON IND UNI"
>
> Are strings declared differently in Microsoft applications?
>
> What format of the Compact Policy is exceptable to the w3c and Internet
Explorer6?