Re: Inconsistency in the definition of dynamic.clickstream.clientip and its sub-elements -- category transitivity?

From: Nikolaj Budzyn <budzyn@ti.informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:50:26 +0200
To: <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>, <www-p3p-dev@w3.org>, "Lorrie Cranor" <lorrie@research.att.com>
Lorrie Cranor wrote:
> > <DATA-STRUCT name="vehicle.built.where"
> >     structref="http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/base#postal">
> >     <CATEGORIES><preference/></CATEGORIES>
> > </DATA-STRUCT>
>
> Yes, this means that vehicle.built.where.ANYTHING is
> in the preference category
>
> > Now let me apply this to the "dynamic.clickstream"
> > data element from the P3P base data schema.
>
> Ah, but there is no need to apply that to dynamic.clickstream.
> Dynamic.clickstream is defined directly without inheriting
> other structures that override preferences.

This is the definition of dynamic.clickstream:

<DATA-DEF name="dynamic.clickstream"
    structref="#loginfo">
    <CATEGORIES><navigation/><computer/></CATEGORIES>
</DATA-DEF>

It inherits the data structure http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/base#loginfo,
but overrides the category.

As I see, there is only one difference from the vehicle.built.where
definition: It's a <DATA-DEF> instead of a <DATA-STRUCT>.
I suppose, this should not lead to a difference in category-
inheritance-and-overriding-behavior. (?)

So I expect each dynamic.clickstream.ANYTHING to be in the
<navigation/> *and* the <computer/> category.

So it seems to be impossible to differentiate, and have
dynamic.clickstream.clientip.partialhostname
only in the <demographic/> category and
dynamic.clickstream.clientip.fullip
only in the <computer/> category.

Wouldn't you agree?