[emo] floating point number in <trace> element

From: Gerhard Fobe <gerhard.fobe@s2009.tu-chemnitz.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 21:43:36 +0200
To: www-multimodal@w3.org

I found some lack of clarity in context of the freq attribute of the
trace element. In EmotionML Candidate Recommendation of 10 May 2012 you
can read following sentence: 'The value of this attribute MUST be a
positive floating point number followed by optional whitespace followed
by "Hz".' All in all I interpret here that I have to use e.g. "42.0 Hz".

1. Interpretation of whitespace
In my opinion it is not clear what whitespace means in detail. My first
interpretation was that only one whitespace character, e.g. space or
tab, is allowed. But in the emotionml-fragments.xsd you test of many
whitespace characters. Perhaps it will be better to clarify it more?
What is right?

2. Different design of floating points
It's clear that floating points like 42 or 42.0 are allowed, but what is
with other designs of positive floating point numbers such as +1234.456
or +1.2344e56 ? Should this be allowed too? In my opinion in the moment
it is, but it makes it needless complicate.

3. Wrong RegEx in emotionml-fragments.xsd
In the XSD this area is validated via the pattern \d+(\.\d*)?\s*Hz
In my opinion this is wrong, because of \d* you can set as many digits
you want. "42." will be a valid value too but I think this is not a
valid floating point number.

In the XSD I prefer the RegEx \d+(\.\d+)?\s?Hz

Kind regards

Gerhard Fobe
Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany