Re: [emo] Response to your comment on the W3C EmotionML LCWD (ISSUE-175)

On 01.06.11 07:59, Renato Iannella wrote:

> On 31 May 2011, at 00:56, Marc Schroeder wrote:
>
>> Do you agree this is a reasonable choice, or do you have some other thoughts on this matter?
>
> No - it is disappointing to see W3C has no consistent mechanism to define a Vocabulary - something that is so fundamental and basic to the (semantic) web.
>
> Each WG does it their own way. Did W3C say interoperability ;-)

Right, I do see your point. I think our choices make sense locally, but
indeed they are not following a "bigger picture".

I would be curious to hear any suggestions you may have for a solution
that would fulfil our requirements:

- within-document definition of a vocabulary;
- structure encouraging use of a vocabulary only for the intended purpose;
- automatic verifiability whether a term is within the identified
vocabulary;
- as little added complexity as possible.

Anything out there ready to be used?

Thanks,
Marc

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Project leader for DFKI in SSPNet http://sspnet.eu

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder@dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: