From: Tom Underhill
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 8:21 PM
To: 'Dominique Hazael-Massieux'
Cc: www-multimodal@w3.org; smwatt@gmail.com
Subject: RE: [ink] Responses to your comments on the W3C InkML Working Draft

Hello Dominique,

Thank you for your responses.

Regarding Comment #165 about the "DefaultCanvas" reserved id:  I have added language to the spec to explicitly describe the id "DefaultCanvas" as being reserved and therefore unavailable to be used as the id of a user defined <canvas> element.   The same applies to the "DefaultContext" reserved id, so I also added language for that id.   The "DefaultTraceFormat" id already had language describing it as reserved.

The last paragraph in section 4.5 changed to:
 The default context may be explicitly specified using the URI "#DefaultContext". The id "DefaultContext" is therefore reserved and may not be used as the id of a user defined <context> element.
The last paragraph in section 5.3 changed to:
 The default canvas may be explicitly specified using the URI "#DefaultCanvas". The id "DefaultCanvas" is therefore reserved and may not be used as the id of a user defined <canvas> element.

Regarding Comment #173 about the schema not allowing channel names to repeat within a file: my apologies, when I read the comment I didn't catch that it was a comment against the schema, not the spec.   You are absolutely right, the schema is broken.   I removed the key/keyref from the XSD.   The latest XSD is attached.