From: Tom Underhill
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2010 5:16 PM
To: 'Jonathan Chetwynd'
Cc: 'www-multimodal@w3.org'; 'smwatt@gmail.com'
Subject: [ink] Responses to your comments on the W3C InkML Working Draft

Thank you for your comments on the InkML Working Draft.   The InkML working group has considered each of your comments and have recorded them and our responses in the InkML 1.0: Working Draft Disposition of Comments document (http://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/2010/InkML/ED-InkML-20100811/inkml-disp.xml ).   A copy of each of your comments and our responses are also copied below.

The latest draft of the InkML specification can be found here: http://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/2010/InkML/ED-InkML-20100811/ .

The original copies of your comments made on 2006-11-04 are here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2006Nov/0000.html

Thank you for your input!

The InkML Editors:
	Tom Underhill, Microsoft
	Stephen M. Watt, University of Western Ontario

============
Comment #27:
------------
Orientation vs Tilt

Paolo Pinzuti in a recent private email suggested that Wacom would not be supporting orientation as distinct from tilt.

Reference:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-InkML-20061023/#orientation
The third degree of freedom in orientation is generally defined as the rotation of the pen about its axis. This is potentially useful (in combination with tilt) in application such as illustration or calligraphy, and signature verification.
------------
Resolution: rejected
------------
The 'tilt' value is captured by the 'orientation channels' such as OTx and OTy. This fact is not otherwise mentioned explicitly in the specification document.
============
Comment #148:
------------
Use with SVG

1. How is it intended that InkML be used with SVG?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-multimodal/2006Nov/0001.html

SVG isn't mentioned within the draft, and it would be useful to have at least one working example ~:" defining one means of relating SVG:animateTransform to InkML:Time Channel?

The working group will be aware that there has been some controversy and indeed confusion over the use of CSS within SVG**.

It is also proving difficult to easily validate mixed XML namespaces such as RDF within SVG.

Is the M-MWG in a position to broach these inter-disciplinary boundaries with signal examples?
------------
Resolution: accepted
------------
InkML can be annotated with SVG using the <annotationXML> construct.
Comment #149:
Contributions from UA & Wacom

Have there been contributions from User Agent, browser developers or Wacom? Neither appear to be included in the list of authors and editors.
Resolution: rejected
No, they have not made any contributions.