Defining event types in terms of DPF-based expressions?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:06:28 -0500
To: www-multimodal@w3.org

re http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-DPF-20041122/

[[
For each property, information may be provided for use in
initialization, and for determining the conditions under which events
are raised to signal updates to the property value.
]]

This gave me the impression that I could use conditional expressions
such as those in Appendix B, to define event triggering conditions
(perhaps conceived of as defining event types).

The expression used in Appendix B2 interacts with the HTML via the
DISelect spec. Could the expression instead be associated with
a type of event, so that scripting in the style of B1 would be
possible.

eg. "dpf:component()/device/battery < 20"
...as a trigger condition to raise a LowBatteryConditionEvent.

Is this possible? planned? or a misunderstanding of your approach?

thanks,

Dan