RE: Layout Revision Proposal: CSS and then some

----------
From:  Andrew n marshall
Sent:  Monday, November 24, 1997 3:13 PM
To:  'j.wallis@wlv.ac.uk'
Cc:  'www-multimedia@w3.org'
Subject:  RE: Layout Revision Proposal: CSS and then some

	And taken from this point of view, SMIL fails in the same way; SMIL's
basic structure is essentially a description of the temporal rendering
mechanism.  Maybe this should be a concern in itself.  Should there be
another tag meant to block off content associations?

In the SYMM group, we had very long discussions about that issue. Your suggestion has been already discussed. Jin and I brought that problem to the discussion table. Our proposal was to give the author the mean to group a set of element into blocks. We proposed a comp tag which stands for "composite". This can be even extended to  typed blocks to make the document logically structured instead of temporally or spatially.

We decided for the first release of SMIL not to include this feature into the draft. But this doesn't mean that it will not be discussed or/and included later. Madeus which is the tool I built to author and layout presentations supports this. So we are aware enough about this issue.

Nabil.

Andrew n marshall
  student - artist - programmer
    http://www.media-electronica.com/anm-bin/anm