Re: Announcement: Multicast WWW (MCWWW) BOF at Memphis IETF

>Please find below information on the Multicast WWW BOF
>which will take place at the Memphis IETF meeting on
>Wednesday, April 9 from 15:45 - 16:45.
>
>If you are interested in presenting as part of the BOF agenda,
>please send mail to me as soon as possible, describing your
>desired presentation and how long it will take.
>
>Bernard Aboba
>MCWWW BOF Chair

 This group might be interested in some of our work in this area.

 The first is a paper which we did almost 2 years ago. The paper
 has since been revised and we have pieces of an implementation.
 The paper reference:

       Russell Clark and Mostafa Ammar.
       " Providing Scalable Web Service Using Multicast Delivery ",
       Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Services in Distributed
       and Networked Environments, Whistler, Canada, June 1995.
       (Revised: January 1996)

       The revised version will appear in the
       Computer Networks and ISDN Systems Journal.
       It can be found in
       http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/Mostafa.Ammar/webjournal.ps.Z

 The second piece of work is not yet published but is part
 of Kevin Almeroth's thesis which he will defend next week.
 This work looks at the use of UDP/IP Multicast
 for the continuous delivery of very hot web pages.
 We have a draft extended abstract that I  will be happy to
 send to people upon request.

 Unfortunatley, I will not be able to attend the BOF on April 9th.
 I will see if another member of our group can substitute.

 Mostafa