From: rakesh kothari [mailto:rkothari_iit@rediffmail.com]
Sent: 24 October 2004 00:43
To: www-mobile@w3.org
Subject: Need Help with CCPP

Hello,

I am new to this group, so pardon me if I ask any basic question.

Does anyone know how to design a CC/PP enabled client or web-browser(or is there any
such open source client or related APIs available ?).

I intend to design a system in which a webserver will send the handle the request from the
clients depending on their profiles. For example if a request for http video stream comes
from a PDA client then its resolution will be small (176x144). In a similar vien if the request
for same stream comes a desktop client then the resolution will be high.

As far as I know, I think on server side I could use DELI for processing HTTP request
containing CCPP profile information. Also, Apache cocoon project gives some insight on
applying transformation to the content.

What I am still usnsure is if the server already has video files encoded at different resolution
and bitrates then how to send the appropriate file for the same http request depending on
different device profiles.

I would be very thankful if someone could provide some insight to me regarding these
questions.

Regards,
Rakesh

 <http://clients.rediff.com/signature/track_sig.asp>