RE: Proposal: Values for UAProf properties

From: Carl Binding <cbd@zurich.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:24:30 +0200
To: "Butler, Mark" <Mark_Butler@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, www-mobile@w3.org

Mark,
yes indeed: WAP UAProf is in hibernation.

One additional point to add to the discussion here is that WAP UAProf never
has defined the legal values for most properties of string, URL, or bags
thereof. This appears to be one of the
problem Johannes has raised. We raised that issue  months ago when WAP
UAProf was still alive (sort of), but there just wasn't enough interest to
go through this tedious but necessary task.

In general we're not certain how much support for UAProf is really out
there from the device manufacturer's point of view. Ericsson was clearly
the leader, but most other players excelled through their silence on the
matter.

Regards,
Carl