RE: general questions

Stan,

> I believe that in most cases a sever local component could do the job
better.

Arkdom PLUS is exactly that (www.arkdom.com).  It is a simple,
straight-forward, server-side component that can detect and provide
information for the given HTTP request or user-agent.  It is a great way to
complement other UA-Prof technologies and is updated regularly.  It may be a
good fit for your application.
The product brochure is here:
http://www.wc-group.com/pdf/ArkdomPLUSBrochure.pdf

Best regards,