Re: Forward: [Moderator Action] AW:Fw: Question on P3P

This CCPP/P3P issue seems to bounce back and forth between two groups.  I
think the entire solution cannot be considered wholly within the domain of
either group.

It seems this is the sort of issue we ought to try and get together to
thrash out at the technical plenary -- preferably around a
whiteboard.  Also, it might be good to involve Brian McBride if possible,
who has proposed an RDF schema for P3P [1].

If we can't solve it, it should be possible to identify what sort of group
would be needed to work out a solution.

#g
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/NOTE-p3p-rdfschema-20020125/

At 04:52 PM 2/8/02 +0900, Kazuhiro Kitagawa wrote:
>Sorry for addressing you wrongly with my concern. Recently, I read a note that
>a harmonisation of CC/PP and P3P was done on protocol level. Apparently, CC/PP
>needs something different than P3P to protect the CPI, as even the default HW
>and SW profiles referenced by an URI in the very first http request might
>contain privacy relevant information (e.g. type of device - if it is a very
>expensive one). Another disadvantage of P3P are the extra HTTP round trips
>which are very critical in a mobile environemt.
>Ulrich
>This seems more of a cc/pp question than an P3P question.

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)