From: nick.denny@mci.co.uk [mailto:nick.denny@mci.co.uk]
Sent: 19 November 2001 17:10
To: www-mobile@w3.org
Subject: CC/PP profile repository overworked?

Hello,

I'm in some confusion about CC/PP, specifically with regards to a CC/PP
profile repository.

Having read the CC/PP exchange protocol, section 6, the examples show
that the profile information is sent as a list of URLs in the HTTP
header. These URLs point to profile information of a CC/PP profile
repository, which I understand can be any web server. So, if a user is
viewing several web/wapsites, and every Origin server is CC/PP
compliant, will this mean that the CC/PP profile repository will be
accessed by every visited Origin server? Therefore, with potentially
millions of people accessing different websites throughout the world,
won't the CC/PP profile repository become highly over-worked, and if the
CC/PP profile server, the Origin server and the end-user are all several
routers apart, won't this add a large delay for the end-user?

Thank you in advance,

Nick Denny
nick.denny@mci.co.uk