From: Anupam Joshi [mailto:joshi@cs.umbc.edu]
Sent: 15 August 2001 18:31
To: Butler, Mark
Cc: 'cafe babe'; www-mobile@w3.org; Vladimir Korolev
Subject: Re: Any CC/PP App servers in the market

  Let me add a bit of "me-too" information here. We developed a
"simplified" CC/PP - the argument being that a device category
description is sufficient for most content transcoding purposes rather
than gory descriptions of an individual device's capabilities. We
implemented an apache module that would parse the CC/PP URL to infer the
device type, and then use XSLT to transcode (and cache) a device
specific version of the requested page. This work was published in the
proceedings of the IEEE ICPP workshop on Mobile Computing and Wireless
Networks in Aug 2001, and is accessible on-line from our web page.

							Anupam Joshi