Re: mime type for cHtml??

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:03:18 +0900
To: Mark Baker <mark.baker@canada.sun.com>, fasol@eurotechnology.com
CC: Matt Squire <msquire@windwire.com>, www-mobile@w3.org

Mark Baker wrote:

> Given that I can browse i-mode pages in Netscape, presumably it's using
> text/html.  This seems entirely reasonable to me, as CHTML is a subset
> (modulo a couple freaky tags like MARQUEE) of existing HTML
> specifications.

yes it is text/html

> Since most i-mode pages are encoded in format other than us-ascii, they
> should also have a charset parameter on that media type

Yes: with a few exceptions all imode pages are in Japanese.
The encoding is "Shift-JIS".

Here are some META tags we use for imode sites we develop in our company:

<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=x-sjis">
<META name="CHTML" content="yes">   <---- used by imode search engines.

Note that a few more exceptions in addition to MARQUEE.

You can find a lot more information about imode in our imode-FAQ:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html

Best regards,

Gerhard Fasol
Eurotechnology Japan K. K.