Re: CC/PP and SOAP

From: Graham Klyne <GK@Dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:17:38 +0000
To: "David L. Naney" <dnaney@cse.unl.edu>
Cc: <www-mobile@w3.org>
David,

There should be no problem.  CC/PP is intended to be a protocol-independent
framework for describing device capabilities.

Roughly, a protocol that uses CC/PP should:
(a) allow RDF/XML entities to be conveyed from the recipient of a resource
to the sender of said resource.  If request/response, this would typically
accompany the request.
(b) have, or be used with, a mechanism to resolve URIs contained in a
profile.  Typically, normal web protocols (http and friends) would be used
for this.

#g
--

At 05:04 PM 11/15/00 -0600, David L. Naney wrote:
>I am working on a project in which we would like to integrate
>the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and CC/PP. Is there
>any literature for, or work in progress in this area? It
>seems, to me, that there may be some compatability problems
>between these two technologies, in the area of the methods
>used for access (HTTP Post for SOAP, HTTP Get for CC/PP).
>
>Thanks,
>
>David Naney

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)