R: Cellular phone networks in US, Europe and Japan - what data rates ?

From: Gianluca Ruggieri <gianluca.ruggieri@telecomitalia.it>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:22:01 +0100
To: <www-mobile@w3c.org>
Hi,

maybe i can give a little help...

> Some more detailed data about the use/day/user (only the WAP
> services) would be really interesting.
> Does anybody know an URL where we could find that information regarding
> the usage statistics in different countries ?
>
> frank

here are some datas for the B2B in Italy: among 1130 company (small, medium and large size) the use of mobile phones is 71% but among them only the 11,7% is interested to WAP-services (such as mail, calendaring, news ...) and only the 1% already use it.
The worst thing is the feeling of the expensiveness of the wap services.