Re: XML-WML

Hi Nyo,
you can do some filtering using XSLT, but it does require that your content
is in XML. To convert HTML to XML is relatively easy using the HTML Tidy
tool from the W3C, which you can download from their site. That is also
where you find more information about XSLT.

Johan

At 05:27 2000-05-19 +0700, Nyo Maw wrote:
>Hi there
>
>I have been working on WAP application.
>
>I want to know about, adapting normal web pages to WML.  To transform
>from normal web document (HTML or XML) to WML, I believed that we have
>to filtered out some unimportant parts. Only impoartant and essential
>will be organize as WML page to send it to mobile user.
>
>Is there anybody who know about automatic transforming XML/HTML  to WML
>by filtering some portion. ?? How can I define as which part is
>imporatnt in the XML document and how can I extract ( only imporatnat )
>conent and create as WML.
>
>If  somebody know about it  pls let me know!!
>
>Best regards to all
>Nyo Maw

                          Johan HJELM
       Ericsson Research, User Applications Group
          Currently visiting engineer at the W3C
Chair, CC/PP Working Group and WCA Interest Group
              The World Wide Web Consortium
                          hjelm@w3.org
    http://www.w3.org/People/W3Cpeople.html#Hjelm
     Fax +1-617-258 5999, Phone +1-617-253-9630
    MIT/LCS, 545 Tech. Sq. Cambridge MA 02139 USA
         Opinions are personal, always my own,
   and not necessarily those of Ericsson or the W3C.