RE: i-mode

Hello Carl:

Not only you but many Japanese can not understand the reason
why the young persons are using browser & mail tool on mobile
phones.

But it's the fact that they are using them.

---
This is only my opinion.

There are two types of users, the one is using e-mail and
another is using browser to get information.

I think the previous type of users are successors(?) of pager
users. Before the current mobile phone age coming, many young
ladies, especially high school students, had used pagers in Japan.
They typed in the messages vary quickly with phone keys.

They are using phone mail as a interactive and non-real-time
communication tool, instead of voice phone which requires real
time talk.

Also in Japan, many people must make a long train journey every day
for going to school or office. In the United states, many people use
car and they can't do nothing but drive a car. But riding on train,
they have nothing to do. Some people reads books, others listen radio
or CD. And some others send/receive mails with mobile phones.

----
Same as resent children use PC,  young persons use mobile phone
mail and browser. It's easy for them to use phone keys.
# I can't win the Pokemon Video game to my 7 years old daughter.

--- K. Hasebe