Re: WAP Competitors ?

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 01:34:12PM -0500, Gary Adams - SMI Software Development wrote:
> Basic XHTML is the point of convergence that allows HDML -> WML 1.2
> (XML compliant) content converge with the Compact HTML ->imode
> (HTML 2.0+ subset) applicaions.

Perhaps or perhaps not.

There are at least two distinct hurdles to be overcome:
* The use of 'variables' in WML
* Conflicting use of tags in WML and XHTML Basic.

It's more likely that convergence will happen in a future version of
XHTML Basic, I suspect.

> WML has some additional roundtrip saving features, but that is
> most likely a temporary advantage in today's marketplace.  $.02

Well.. you could say the same about Javascript and HTML.

Andrew Scott .................... http://purl.oclc.org/net/andrewscott/
Telstra Research Labs, Melbourne ......................................