Re: WAP Competitors ?

At 12:24 00/03/06 +1100, Andrew Scott wrote:

> Both WML and compact HTML have been submitted to the W3C as notes. Also,
> HDML (basically the predecessor to WML) has also been submitted to the
> W3C in the same way. You ought to be able to find these with a search.

Please see http://www.w3.org/TR. The various submissions (among else) have
lead to the work on XHTML Modularization, and in particular to XHTML Basic
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/. XHTML Basic is currently in Last Call,
please have a look at it and send in comments.

> There is a formal liaison process between the WAP Forum and the W3C for
> converging the standards. I don't think anything similar exists between
> NTT and the W3C.

No. But NTT is a member of W3C.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org