Re: WAP examples

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 09:43:09 +0900
To: jmlebrun@cybercable.tm.fr
Cc: www-mobile@w3.org
At 23:42 99/12/23 +0100, JM Le Brun wrote:
> is there somewhere a list of WAP projects especially in the topics:
> corporate and public news feeds, personalized access to services
>
> does anyone know about European projects. I have read Europe is far ahead for
> wireless standards (GPRS) . Do you confirm?  thanks

No, Japan is ahead. NTT DoCoMo has a service called i-mode, since just
about a year, that allows you to browse a lot of special pages AND the
whole internet. It uses a (slightly reduced) version of HTML. Very
popular. It's just a pity almost nobody in the rest of the world knows
about it.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org