RE: E-commerce using WAP (...WTLS...)

From: <jain@cs.purdue.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 22:06:38 -0500 (EST)
To: twalker@ixl.com
cc: dstruve@zibex.com, www-mobile@w3.org
Well WTLS stands for Wireless Transport Layer Security.

WTLS is based on SSL (Secure Socket Layer....a protocol developed
by netscape to conduct secure transmission over Internet)...

... WTLS allows a secure (privacy,authenticaton,data
integrity) communication. There is also support for safeguarding the
server against denial-of-service attacks (it tries to minimize such
attacks).....

Sandeep

Sandeep Jain                    Office: MTH 405
Graduate Student                Phone : 765-494-5006
Computer Science Department     URL: http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/jain/
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1398.