Re: [MathML 4] Add rules to map from non-combining to combining accents

On 23/03/2018 13:38, Frédéric WANG wrote:

>> Yes we should say something (as it happens TeX also has difficulties
>> with combining characters)
>>
>> somewhere around
>>
>> https://w3c.github.io/mathml/chapter7.html#chars.comb-chars
>>
>> I guess is the place to add something.
>>
>> As you hint I may need to add some extra data to unicode.xml to specify
>> which characters are related in this way, I don't think the existing
>> Unicode data reliably says which are equivalent combining/non combining
>> forms although obviously taking the character name and deleting
>> "Combining" gives a first approximation of the mapping.
>>

>> David
>
> Hi David,
>
> Indeed, I would prefer an explicit list for better interoperability. Are
> you able to come up with one list, maybe doing the change in the repo of
> unicode.xml? For you information, below are the available horizontal
> stretchy constructions available in some popular OpenType MATH fonts. I
> believe other fonts also only provide constructions for combining
> versions of accents.

I'll see what I can do.....

David

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.