Re: lmoustache/rmoustache as stretchy delimiters

I believe that the entry in http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-entity-names is wrong.

I wrote an example in LaTeX and 23B0 & 23B1 are *not* the glpyhs that LaTeX
produces. Not surprisingly, the characters that LaTeX uses look like the
left and right sides of a mustache. I've attached a source file and PDF
file, but I don't know if the w3 mailer will pass these on through. I also
attached an image of the PDF because I don't know if pdflatex embedded the
fonts it used into the PDF file.

It is good to have renderers be consistent, but MathJax is not consistent
with what it is trying to emulate. Making Gecko be consistent with that
mistake seems like an additional mistake.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~

[image: Inline image 1]