Re: data-* attributes

Thanks for your comments, David.

> One reason [...]
> is that HTML moved away from grammar based syntax
> (data-* being a good example of something that can't even be approximated
in any of
> dtd/RelaxNG or XSD schema).

Right. Still, I'd argue that it is a significant use case. Perhaps there
could be note suggesting a best practice for providing information in XML
that would be represented as data-* in HTML.

> MathJax could easily ignore  [...]

FWIW, MathJax wasn't the motivation for my question; this came out of questions
regarding JATS. In practice, data-* works just fine; it's just not formally
valid.

Peter.