Re: Questions about Elementary Math

On 05/07/2014 22:45, William F Hammond wrote:

> Not that you asked, but your original addition example
> can be rendered using only CSS (no scripting):
>
>      http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/demos/purecss/mstackfs.html
>

>                                      -- Bill

Sure, similar CSS rules are given in

http://www.w3.org/TR/mathml-for-css/#mstack

but the mathml css profile has to have so many restrictions on the input
for it to work it really doesn't scale well.
Using newer css notably flexbox you could probably do a bit more in
browsers that support it but still the preferred
result is that browsers implement mathml natively, we are not there yet
for all browsers as you know,
but these things take time...

David