Re: Questions about Elementary Math

You shouldn't have needed to reboot, but who knows what else was going
on...  A reboot never hurts :-)

There's no way to adjust the position using mlongdiv attrs. I tried playing
with mpadded, but because MathPlayer places the : and =, those tricks don't
work. So I'm sorry to say there doesn't seem to be a way to change that.

If you have suggestions for improving mlongdiv such as adding a
tight=true/false for making the divisor tight against the dividend vs what
MathPlayer currently does where it pushes it to the right of the "division
stack" (my name -- maybe there's an official name for that). Of course,
tight would only apply to those longdivstyles where it is sensible. I'm not
saying that "tight" is the right attribute to add, but just throwing it out
as a possibility.

    Neil