Re: Update to unicode.xml

On 02/07/2014 16:22, Frédéric WANG wrote:
> As I recall, the last time I checked unicode.xml, there were several
> sets with different mappings (AMS, IIEE etc) and some of them clearly
> had mistakes, so that was a bit messy.

Yes but (unless I broke them) the "publisher" entries in the file are
historical data relating to publishers internal character tables as
input data to forming
the stix submission to unicode so I'm not sure I can change them now
(but on the other hand they are not really that useful to anyone apart
from historians:-)

> Personally, I don't mind dropping the old TeX mappings as long as a
> clear list of TeX mapping for math char commands is provided, on which
> one can rely on.

Yes I think I'm going to drop the "nameless" <latex> entries and  try to
maintain entries like the new  ones that specifically reference a latex
package such as
unicode-math so that if you load that package (or say you are emulating
that package) the names should work (even if one can argue about the
actual names)

David