Re: Update to The MathML3 DTD

David Carlisle writes:

> The MathML3 DTD has been updated at
>
> http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/

Great!

Looking forward to:

    xhtml-mathml3-f.dtd
       Combined XHTML + MathML DTD. Not Yet Available

Two ideas:

1.  How hard would it be also to assemble xhtml-mathml3-f.rng ?

    When I run "trang" on the 20061127 version of
    xhtml-strict-math11-f.dtd, I get the message 'error: no
    namespace declaration for prefix "xsi"', but it makes
    the .rng.  Then with "jing" on a trivial xhtml file, I
    get:

       xhtml-strict-math11-f.rng:10988:18: error: conflicting ID-types
       for attribute "xref" of element "arccsc" from namespace
       "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

2.  Have y'all thought about making an sgml dtd for a
    profiled version of html5 with mathml3 (for use
    validating text/html serializations in shop without
    hitting on http://html5.validator.nu/

    I could pass along privately a similar quick hack for
    mathml2 with not much for html beyond 4.01, but I suspect
    David also has one of these.

    In this connection I'd like to see someone with young
    eyes pick up the ball and bring openSP up-to-speed with
    the astral planes.  (Meanwhile one can write astral
    things in html5 using cdata entity references, and they
    will pass current [v. 1.5.2] onsgmls validation but will
    not show up correctly in a parse.)  [ As a
    mathematician, I imagine that this would be a suitable
    summer-length honors project for a student in computer
    science.  :-) ]

                                    -- Bill