RE: Mirroring Unicode symbols in Arabian

From: Daniel Marques <dani@wiris.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:58:42 +0100
To: www-math@w3.org
Simply put, I am more concerned about which Unicode symbols to mirror under
the dir=RTL attribute in MathML. It seems that the decision is already made
(http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/BidiMirroring.txt and
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr9), which includes the brackets. Yes, be
careful with the "[BEST FIT]".

Another question is at what tier this should be implemented. For example,
whether in the MathML engine or in the Font file.  I assume that this is a
collaboration of both. For example, the render engine should be aware that
a Font (OpenType) has or has not a mirrored version of a symbol.

Dani

www.wiris.com