Re: Help get math turned back on in Chrome

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 00:11:56 +0100
Cc: www-math@w3.org
To: Terry Wallwork <terrywallwork@netscape.net>
Terry,

> For now about the only way I can go if they do stop supporting MathML in later version of chrome is to use MathJax.  I did a few experiments with it, and for what I need I can put up with it's limitations.  But it is at best only a temporary solution.

I have not heard lots of complaints about MathJax limitations. I do not want to hunt for them but maybe their impact should be stated more clearly.

 MathJax seems to be providing the answer to the lack of MathML in many places, and that makes it that MathML seems partially covered for in the eyes of many. There are even a few extensions on the Google Chrome store which employ MathJax to render any page with MathML, e.g. Math-Anywhere.

paul