Re: Help get math turned back on in Chrome

The initial MathML implementation in Webkit had a lot of security bugs.
So it's actually surprising that Apple enabled MathML in all their apps
and I think Google was actually right not to do the same. However, Dave
spent the last year to fix all these security issues and that's why the
implementation passed Google's security tests and why they finally
accepted to enable MathML in Chrome. It seems that they recently found
another security issue that made them change their mind and turned
MathML off again. I've followed the bug reports but it was not clear
whether they really found a security fail or whether they just did a
preventive measure for something in the MathML implementation that could
potentially be dangerous. As Neil mentioned, an engineer did a fix to
workaround that potential security issue, essentially limiting the
stretchy operator support (which is not so good anyway). But then for
some reason they preferred to entirely disabled MathML again rather than
just having a regression with stretchy operators. That's what I
understood, but they don't communicate the details and I did not have
access to the private security bugs.

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic