Re: Help get math turned back on in Chrome

From: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 23:17:22 +0000
To: Paul Topping <pault@dessci.com>
Cc: Dave Barton <dbarton@mathscribe.com>, "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>, Dave Murray-Rust <dave@mo-seph.com>
I am a huge fan of MathML. I am the joint developer of Chemical Markup
Language and relate to the chicken/egg. Tools are required to convince
people and people need convincing to create tools. [Chemistry, in general,
works with closed antiquated overprices software and few of these vendors
care about CML. So we have created an open source community (
http://www.blueobelisk.org) which is slowly but systematically winning over
commercial offerings in many areas.].

Recently we have been integrating MathML into chemistry - see
http://blogs.ch.cam.ac.uk/pmr/2013/02/03/semantic-science/  for MathML in
semantic physical science. We (Dave M-R, copied) are building a completely
declarative tool ("the declaratron") where chemical computations will be
driven on top of MathML. Adding declarative semantics is a challenge, but
we have an acceptable solution. We can type and edit complex equations in
MathML and run them in a chemical context.

So, simply, I want MathML to become the first choice for universal Open
computable mathematics.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics